God You Are Good


(Below are the lyrics to a rap song that I wrote about 6 months ago. I thought I would share it)

I know you said heaven's just a moment away
But the problem with life is that it's so day to day
And my troubles they hit me like wave after wave
How long, oh Lord, will you make me wait?

God my life is a mess
And I must confess
That I'm scared to death that you'll leave me
In this god aweful place
With the mud on my face
Where my heart constantly aches..
God where are you?

My cries they rise up
Desperate for love
Or some kind of touch to assure me
That you won't leave me here
In the depths of my fear
God I know that you're near
But where are you?

I'm so certain your voice, it is drown out
By the lies in my head that just scream out
Giving me a list of reasons I should doubt
But I won't doubt....

Because I trust you Lord
So with my face on the floor
I'll keep begging for more of your mercy

And if you leave me in this pain
then Father please give me strength
to keep praising your name in this suffering

Lord, lift up my eyes
Don't let me compromise
You're my only device
Oh God I need you!

Don't let my sorrows speak lies of who you are
And in my frustrations, don't let me go too far
Because only you Lord know the depths of my heart
So hold me Father when life feels too hard!

Quiet my spirit, silence my tongue
Let my life shine the light of Jesus your son
And keep doing in me what you know needs to be done
To bring you glory!

Restore in me the hope that I cannot seem to find
Set your truth upon my lips and keep it always on my mind
Let it permeate my being so that I cannot deny that you are good
God you are good!

So let my every step, 'till my very last breath
Be a life like the light of the moon that reflects
The radiant light of the sun in it's midst
You can strip me down 'till I've nothing left
Still I'll raise up my hands and humbly profess
That I'm nothing without you, so take all I have

There is no greater name in heaven or earth
Than the name of my Jesus that I humbly serve
So have your way Lord, however it looks
Because I trust and believe that...
God you are good!









Comments

Popular Posts