The Lord Never Fails To Surprise Us


The Lord Never Fails To Surprise Us

This has been a crazy year for me and David, to say the least. As the pull towards Cadence grows stronger and more passionate in our hearts, our physical bodies keep getting hit in unexpectedly difficult ways. I had a cervical spinal fusion earlier this year, which failed, leaving me in the position where I need to have another revision surgery before we leave. David spent 19 days in the hospital with pneumonia and plural effusion, resulting in thoracic surgery. 
But still, through all of this, we were feeling confident that we could make it to Fort Bragg by January. We are so close to reaching our full support, and the only thing standing in our way, so we thought, was my spine surgery. However, we were hit with some unexpected news in the last couple of days. I had some imaging done of my breasts just to check on a lump that I was confident was nothing. I simply figured that while I was at it, I might as well make sure there is nothing else wrong with me. We were surprised to find out, however, that I have a couple of masses in my breast. Both my radiologist and breast surgeon are certain that at least one of them is cancer. I had some biopsies done on Wednesday to check for cancerous tissue. My surgeon told me that it would be a miracle if it is turns out to be benign. 
So, David and I will meet back with my surgeon on Monday to get the results and come up with our plan if it is cancer. All that being said, we went from joy and excitement at the thought of moving to North Carolina in just a few short weeks, to being stopped in our tracks once again. We ask that you would pray for a miracle in the results that we will be receiving on Monday. We also pray that if the Lord has us going through this process of fighting cancer, that He would give us peace, strength, joy, and the ability to bless everyone around us with the love the Lord has filled us with. I was just sharing with our Sunday school class last week that rarely do things go the way we plan them, but they always go exactly the way the Lord has planned them. We fully trust that the Lord is sovereign and in control of everything we encounter in life. We also truly believe that no pain is without purpose. And if this is what the Lord has for us, then we know His purposes are extravagantly good. We welcome your continual prayers as David and I walk through what is ahead of us. We know that as things get hard, we will be bombarded by the voice of the enemy. We know that we will have moments of frustration, sorrow, anger, and questions that we are desperate to have answered. It is your prayers that will hold us up during these times, and we thank you in advance for the cries you lift up to heaven on our behalf.
In all of this, we still feel the direction of the Lord to continue pursuing ministry with Cadence. We are tentatively changing our move date to June. I say tentatively, because it seems that we cannot predict what the Lord will do in our lives at any given moment. But we will continue to move where the Lord leads us, and trust Him with how it looks.

Comments

Popular Posts